The potential for large-scale hydrogen provision in UK, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and Norway have been investigated through dedicated case studies in the ELEGANCY project. They include
- · Decarbonization of the Rotterdam area
- · Hydrogen and CCS to reduce emissions from domestic heating and industrial clusters, H21 North of England and Grangemouth case studies, UK
- · A strategy for implementation of hydrogen and CCS in Germany
- · The role of hydrogen in decarbonizing Switzerland
- · Opportunities for a Norwegian hydrogen value chain and synergies with the Norwegian large-scale CCS deploymen
The webinar comprises speakers from BGS, SCCER, TNO, University of Utrecht, Ruhr-University Bochum and SINTEF and will present the results and impact of each of the case studies.
Further we will share insights on how the tools of ELEGANCY - the hydrogen and CCS infrastructure development optimization tool and the business case development toolkit - can be used in hydrogen and CCS projects.
Programme with slides
Gunhild A Reigstad (SINTEF) and Nilay Shah (ICL)
A Roadmap for the introduction of a low carbon industry in the Rotterdam Region and the Dutch H2 backbone
Floris van de Beek (TNO) and Lukas Weimann (UU)
Hydrogen and CCS to reduce emissions from domestic heating and industrial clusters, H21 North of England and Grangemouth case studies, UK
Maxine Akhurst (BGS) and Ward Goldthorpe (SDL)
Identifying the role of hydrogen and CCS for reaching the Swiss climate targets
Marco Mazzotti (ETH)
Fore more information about ELEGANCY, please see the project website.