At SINTEF we apply NMR to determine molecular structure and to study solid material's properties together with a broad range of partners and customers.
In our lab we have two "Bruker AVANCE III" instruments
- One instrument for liquid samples (9,4 Tesla magnet, 400 MHz)
- One instrument for solid samples (11,7 Tesla magnet, 500 MHz)
Both instruments are equipped to cover many sorts of NMR experiments and analyses:
- Most NMR active nuclei can be studied
- Possibilities for variable temperature experiments (77K – 623K)
- A gas flow probe can be used to study gas-solid reactions up to about 623 K at 1 atm pressure.
Our researchers and technicians are familiar with many different type of experiments (1D and 2D) for a range of nuclei (incl. dynamic studies) for both liquid and solid samples. They have also experience in the use of various data simulations and in inert treatments of samples.