Senior research scientist in the research group Innovation and sustainability, Dept. of Technology Management. Social scientist focusing on innovation, sustainability transitions and industry development.
Masters degree and PhD in (economic) geography from NTNU.
Competence and research areas
My research is positioned within the fields of economic geography, innovation studies and sustainability transitions. Research topics include:
- green industrial development
- regional development
- global production networks / value chains
- clusters and regional innovation systems
- innovation processes and systems
- transformative innovation policy
- sustainability transitions within and across sectors
Empirical focus: energy (petroleum, renewables), maritime transport (shipping, ports), aquaculture, manufacturing, process industry
- Knowledge recombination for emerging technological innovations: The case of green shipping
- Sustainability transitions in coastal shipping: The role of regime segmentation
- Towards sustainability in the port sector: The role of intermediation in transition work
- Global production networks and regional innovation systems: contrasting or complementary policy implications?
- The role of regional innovation systems in mission-oriented innovation policy: exploring the problem-solution space in electrification of maritime transport
- Gaining lead firm position in an emerging industry: A global production networks analysis of two Scandinavian energy firms in offshore wind power
- Gaining a lead firm position in an emerging project-based industry: A GPN analysis of two Scandinavian energy firms in offshore wind power
- Norwegian ship-owners' adoption of alternative fuels
- Fra dommedag til framtidshåp med karbonfangst?
- La havnene bli et multi- verktøy for grønn omstilling
- Strategic insights on governance of hydrogen innovation and the chicken and egg problem
- The roles of intermediaries in upgrading of manufacturing clusters: enhancing cluster absorptive capacity
- Legitimation, institutions and regional path creation: a cross-national study of offshore wind
- Integrating policy instruments for mission-oriented innovation
- A socio-technical perspective on the scope for ports to enable energy transition