Alv-Arne is a senior research scientist in the Applied Geoscience group at SINTEF Industry. His research mainly focuses on geological storage of CO2.
Alv-Arne has a MSc in atomic physics (1994) and a PhD in reservoir physics (1999) from the Institute of Physics at the University of Bergen (Norway).
Competence and research areas
Reservoir characterisation, reservoir simulation, CO2 storage, enhanced oil recovery.
- Water Shutoff Technologies for Reduced Energy Consumption
- How to evaluate and quantify safe CO2 storage? Workflow demonstration on the Smeaheia area, offshore Norway
- Pressure control and conformance management for safe and efficient CO2 storage – lessons learned in the Pre-ACT project
- Storage Readiness Levels: communicating the maturity of site technical understanding, permitting and planning needed for storage operations using CO2
- CCS: How Much Does It Cost To Increase Storage Efficiency?
- Salt Precipitation Experiments for Improved CO₂ Storage
- Ensemble Simulations With MRST With Examples from CO2 Foam Simulation
- Quantitative Decision Analysis for Co2 Storage Conformance Management: A Synthetic Case Study at Smeaheia, North Sea
- Efficiency of CO2 Foam Mobility Control with Heterogeneous Reservoir Properties
- Modelling of CO2-foam core flooding experiments