The HighEFF Scientific Committee is set up with three national and three international experts.
The mandate of the Scientific Committee is to provide advice on the relevance and quality of the scientific activities for the Centre as a whole, as well as the individual Research Areas. In addition, they will highlight scientific trends, challenges and opportunities, and comment on how HighEFF performs relative to state-of-the-art.
Based on this, they will provide strategic advises on scientific focus and priorities based on information received on the scientific performance in the various Research Areas and Work Packages.
The members are:
- Robert C. (“Bob”) Armstrong, Director at MIT Energy Initiative
- Ignacio E. Grossmann (Former Director CAPD at CMU)
- Megan Jobson (Professor at Univ. of Manchester)
- Tor Grande (Vice Dean Research at NTNU)
- Jack A. Ødegård (Vice President Research at SINTEF Industry)
- Kristin Jordal (Research Manager at SINTEF Energy Research)
How we work togheter
The vision of HighEFF strongly relies on creating good arenas for cooperation between industry, academia and research partners. Our vision is founded on the words of Professor Arne Bredesen, who stated that excellent research is best produced through three means: knowledge, friendship and teamwork. HighEFF will build upon and bridge these means, through common goals, joint research and teamwork.
All partners can contribute to the technical discussions and take part in research activities and aff ect the direction and ambitions for the next year’s work plan. There are many arenas for technical discussions and initiating new activities.
In addition to all the meetings for specifi c sectors, research areas, topics, activities or tasks, 2019 saw the following larger meeting places and workshop open for all partners:
- Annual Consortium meeting
- Cross-sector Workshop, highlighting communication and Centre results, and discussions
To ensure that all suggestions and input to research tasks are taken into consideration, the Scientific Coordinator will have the overall overview of the process.