We have a long track record of performing verification of integrity for flexible risers, including power cables and umbilicals, for the oil and gas industry.
With our tailor-made software developed in-house, combined with expertise in structural behavior we are able to provide deep insight into the loads and structural response on component level for these kind of structures.
This knowledge is also directly applicable to dynamic power cables to for offshore wind applications.
The analysis workflow normally includes:
- Metocean selection/environment specification
- System behaviour and global respons analyses
- Cross section analyses
- Structural integrity verification
Other types of relevant specialist evaluations and testing we provide to supplement an analysis study may be:
- Full scale verification testing
- Compression/bending testing
- Material testing, in particular to define SN data and friction factors
- VIV analyses and testing
- Clashing analyses