UFLEX can be used both for the purpose of producing capacity curves and for performing fatigue analyses of umbilical cables. For fatigue analyses, a global analysis is performed for obtaining the correct cyclic variations of bending and tension. These loads are applied as input to local analysis performed using UFLEX2D; subjecting the umbilical cable to temperature, internal and external pressure loads in addition to the axial tension and bending cycles.
- Complex cross-section geometrie
- Contact and friction stresses
- Contact definitions with tunable parameters for contact searches, friction, surface stiffness etc.
- Non-linear relation of curvature and bending moment
- Ovalization of helix components and cross-section geometry ovalization
- Recursive definition of cross-section geometry allows nested helices
- Non-linear material models
- Initial strains