Project main tasks
- Thermal effects of sills (especially of sill clusters)
- Sills (and dykes) as seals for reservoirs
- Sill (and dyke) contribution to the formation of fractured reservoirs
- Diagenetic alteration of the sediments -quartz cementation and smectite illitization
- Pore pressure and fluid flow related to heating of the pore fluids, as well as degassing, will be studied
- Modelling of hydrocarbon migration through hydrothermal vents
|Map showing the Vøring area with three
profiles modelled in the Vøtec Project.
The partners in this project are Tectonor (host), SINTEF and Royal Holloway, University of London.
A joint study by