To do this, TotalControl will use high-fidelity simulation and design environments that include detailed time resolved flow field modelling, nonlinear flexible multi-body representations of turbines, and detailed power grid models.
The project is carried out by a consortium consisting of eight partners.
- DTU (project coordinator)
- DNV GL
- Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult
- Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
- SINTEF Energy Research
- University of Leuven
SINTEF Energy Research is a key partner in the project, heading WP4 Control for maximum power production, and with a leading responsibility for a number of deliverables:
- Reference Wind Power Plant – D1.3
- Electro-mechanical model of reference wind power plant – D1.5
- Cost model for fatigue degradation and O&M – D2.1
- Tower load reduction using active damping – D3.3
- Hierarchical wind power plant supervisory controller – D4.2
- Final Report on Electrical/Mechanical/Control Interactions in Large Wind Power Plants – D4.6
TotalControl is an EU Horizon2020 funded project, see the project homepage.