The main objective of the HuDeM project shall be the definition of a human dependability model, the development of an analytical methodology and procedural approach for space system applications with emphasis on spacecraft operations and astronaut activities. Human Dependability has been seen as a result of integration between organisations, technology and human factors. Resilience and the ability to learn from recoveries and unwanted incidents have been considered as key issues in the project.
The project consists of the following work packages:
- Identification, Survey and Evaluation of the Most Meaningful Domains for Deriving a Consistent Human Dependability Model Applicable to Space Projects and Activities. (As a part of this task – perform an analysis of unwanted incidents at ESA)
- Definition of the Methodology for Development of Human Dependability Model(s)
- Implementation of the Proposed Methodology (Validation and Verification)
- Definition of the Analyses for Human Errors Identification and Avoidance, consisting of a qualitative part and a quantitative part
- Publication of the project results in journals, at conferences and seminars