The secondary objectives of the project are to:
- Connect international, cross-disciplinary education programmes directed to climate change and environmental impacts in global cities.
- Improve knowledge transfer from advanced research and high-resolution computing to higher education and further to stakeholders.
- Increase influence of urban stakeholders on the content and design of educational programmes.
URSA-MAJOR will redress education and training by:
- Involving multinational stakeholders to accelerate education and training for Smart City development.
- Accelerating data aggregation & modelling of Smart City development through enhancing inter-disciplinary results-focused partnerships.
- Organizing research schools for a holistic approach to sustainability – by co-creating a network-based structure.
- Prepare stakeholders & communities for sustainable Smart City ecosystems transformation into zero emissions - focussing on nature based renewable energy solutions.
SINTEF Digital is responsible for the work package "Global Connectivity- exploring digital communications in Smart Cities". SINTEF introduces the ICT components of the Smart Cities such as use of extended realities, technology enhanced learning, and data management, and we will organize training of partners and students to use web tools and immersive technologies for information sharing and learning.