A smart grid provides multiple benefits such as increased reliability, better service quality and efficient utilization of the existing infrastructures. However, despite the fact that it brings beneficial environmental, economic and social changes, it also generates significant security and privacy challenges, as it includes a combination of heterogeneous, co-existing smart and legacy technologies.
Based on this reality, the SDN-microSENSE project intends to provide a set of secure, privacy-enabled and resilient to cyberattack tools, thus ensuring the normal operation of Electric Power and Energy systems as well as the integrity and the confidentiality of communications.
In particular, adopting an SDN-based technology, SDN-microSENSE will develop a three-layer security architecture, by deploying and implementing risk assessment processes, self-healing capabilities, large-scale distributed detection and prevention mechanisms, as well as an overlay privacy protection framework.
This short video introduces the Norwegian Smart Grid Lab run by SINTEF and NTNU, Trondheim and how it can interact with another national laboratory - the Cyber Range, NTNU Gjøvik - to study and test cybersecurity for Electrical Power Systems and stations. SINTEF and NTNU are both partners in the EU project SDN µSense* focusing on this topic).
*SDN-microSENSE aims at providing and demonstrating a secure, resilient to cyber-attacks, privacy-enabled, and protected against data breaches solution for decentralised Electrical Power and Energy Systems (EPES)
Prosjektkoordinator: Ayesa Advanced Technologies SA
- PANEPISTIMIO DYTIKIS MAKEDONIAS, Greece
- ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS, Greece
- PREDUZECE ZA TELEKOMUNIKACIJSKE USLUGE REALAIZ DOO BEOGRAD (SAVSKI VENAC), Serbia
- PUBLIC POWER CORPORATION S.A., Greece
- FUNDACION TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION, Spain
- DIMOS AVDIRON, Greece
- INNOVATIVE ENERGY AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES LTD, Bulgaria
- ELEKTROENERGIEN SISTEMEN OPERATOR EAD, Bulgaria
- CEZ DISTRIBUTION BULGARIA AD, Bulgaria
- INCITES CONSULTING SARL, Luxembourg
- ENERGYNAUTICS GMBH, Germany
- NORGES TEKNISK-NATURVITENSKAPELIGE UNIVERSITET NTNU, Norway
- GOTTFRIED WILHELM LEIBNIZ UNIVERSITAET HANNOVER, Germany
- RAVNA HYDRO LTD, Bulgaria
- FUNDACIO INSTITUT DE RECERCA DE L'ENERGIA DE CATALUNYA, Spain
- ESTABANELL Y PAHISA ENERGIA SA, Spain
- CHECKWATT AB, Sweden
- INDEPENDENT POWER TRANSMISSION OPERATOR SA, Greece
- SINTEF ENERGI AS, Norway
- DIL DIEL, Bulgaria
- OPTIMIZACION ORIENTADA A LA SOSTENIBILIDAD SL, Spain
- GEIE ERCIM, France
The project is financed by EU H2020, Grant agreement ID: 833955