The project will evaluate the added values for for both DSOs and others different usage, location and ownership of energy storage, technical integration in the distribution grid and business / regulatory model, where conditions, regulations and financial regulation will be key elements. The project will be based on experience from existing demos that includes use of batteries in addition to planned demos
The project will also:
- Describe existing knowledge, experience and application related to energy storage in the distribution grid
- Evaluate alternative business models using energy storage, given current frameworks and regulations and any needed adjustments to these
- Demonstrate and verify the use and integration of energy storage in the Norwegian distribution grid
- Evaluate the cost / benefit for the actors involved, based on experience from demonstration activities
- Establish a methodology / guide to how energy storage can be utilized and integrated into the Norwegian distribution grid
Project responsible: Skagerak Nett AS
- BKK Nett
- Eidsiva Nett
- Hafslund Nett
- EnergiNorge AS
This project is an Innovation projects in business and industry (IPN) with funding from The Research Council of Norway under the ENERGIX programme.
Innovation projects in business and industry (IPN) and Development projects targeting business and industry players, and including projects that generate knowledge and skills for development of new or improved products or services.