This R&D project will result in new technology for the production of small packaging series (under 100 000 units). The innovation will be realized through the development of new technology for cutting, automation and process control in close cooperation with SINTEF ICT. The project will represent a paradigm shift in the packaging industry by enabling cost-efficient and environmentally friendly production of customized packaging.
Results so far
- New alternative product architectures described and subject to verification. This includes solutions for material automation.
- New control system solution selected.
- Solution and plans for workflow automation described.
- New possible technologi for converting (cutting) selected for verification and adaption.
- Expertsystem technology selected. Will be verified and validated in product during 2016.
- Esko-Graphics Kongsberg
- Kongsberg Devotek
- SINTEF ICT
- SINTEF Raufoss Manufacturing