The main role of SINTEF Energy research in this EU FP7 project was to develop and use a simulation tool for the operation and maintenance of offshore wind farms. This tool was applied to optimize the operation and maintenance strategies considered in the project. It was also integrated in lifecycle financial model to evaluate and validate the cost reduction potential of the innovations developed in other parts of the project.
The activities of SINTEF Energy Research in LEANWIND were aligned with our activities in the research centre FME NOWITECH and with the development of the NOWIcob model, a tool for simulating the operation and maintenance of offshore wind farms.
The official web site of the LEANWIND EU FP7 project
Some of the results of the work of SINTEF Energy Research in the LEANWIND project are summarised in the following papers:
- Sperstad, I. B.; McAuliffe, F. D.; Kolstad, M.; Sjømark, S. (2016): "Investigating key decision problems to optimise the operation and maintenance strategy of offshore wind farms". Energy Procedia, vol. 94, pp. 261–268.
- Welte, T.M.; Sperstad, I.B.; Sørum, E.H.; Kolstad, M.L. (2017): "Integration of Degradation Processes in a Strategic Offshore Wind Farm O&M Simulation Model". Energies, 10, 925.
- Sperstad, I.B.; Stålhane, M.; Dinwoodie, I.; Endrerud, O.-E.V.; Martin, R.; Warner, E. (2017):
"Testing the robustness of optimal access vessel fleet selection for operation and maintenance of offshore wind farms". Ocean Engineering, vol. 145, pp. 334–343.
- Irawan, C. A.; Ouelhadj, D.; Jones, D.; Stålhane, M.; Sperstad, I. B. (2017): "Optimisation of maintenance routing and scheduling for offshore wind farms". European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 256, pp. 76–89.
- Nielsen, J. S.; Sørensen, J. D.; Sperstad, I. B.; Welte, T. M. (2018). "A Bayesian network based approach for integration of condition-based maintenance in strategic offshore wind farm O&M simulation models", presented at the Sixth International Symposium on Life-Cycle Civil Engineering (IALCCE), Ghent, Belgium.
- McAuliffe, F. D.; Lynch, K.; Sperstad, I. B.; Nonås, L. M.; Halvorsen-Weare, E. E.; Jones, D.; Akbari, N.; Wall, G.; Irawan, C.; Norstad, I.; Stålhane, M; Murphy, J. (2018): "The LEANWIND suite of logistics optimisation and full lifecycle simulation models for offshore wind farms", Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 1104, p. 012002.
- Judge, F.; McAuliffe, F.D.; Sperstad, I.B.; Chester, R.; Flannery, B.; Lynch, K.; Murphy, J. (2019): "A lifecycle financial analysis model for offshore wind farms", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 103, pp. 370-383.
SINTEF Energy Research has contributed on the following LEANWIND deliverables:
- D4.1: WP Framework/Industry Challenges Report – O&M
- D4.2: Optimised maintenance and logistic strategy models
- D4.7: O&M, Integration of tools and systems
- D7.2: Executive summary: Case study validation of combined financial and logistics tools
- D8.2: Economics Model Report
- D8.3: Integrated Financial and Logistics Model
The LEANWIND project was supported within the Ocean of Tomorrow call of the European Commission Seventh Framework Programme under the agreement SCP2-GA-2013-614020. The information published on this web site reflects the author's view, and the European Community, the European Union and the LEANWIND project management are not liable for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.