Modern Science and technology in general and nanotechnology in particular enable us to develop materials with significantly improved or entirely new functions. By being able to measure, describe, model, control and manipulate materials on the nanometer scale it is now possible to develop materials with properties that will play a central role in solving the grand challenges of today's society. SINTEF is one of the major players in this field in Norway and is particularly engaged in converting nanoscience into new products to the benefit of industry and society.
Her are some examples of the areas we work within:
- Energy and the environment, e.g. photovoltaics, thermoelectricity, energy storage, chemical conversion/catalysis, and fuel production.
- Environment, e.g. clean water and air, reduced emissions in general and CO2 in particular.
- Health, e.g. Targeted drug delivery, diagnostics and medical imaging.
- Natural resources, e.g smart packaging of food, tribology/surface protection for land based and off-shore installations, minerals.
- Palladium alloy membrane for hydrogen gas separation
ICT, e.g. nanoelectronics and nanodevices
- Biotechnology, e.g. antifouling
SINTEF offers expertise on:
- Nanomaterial and nanoparticle synthesis
- Nanomaterial characterization and modeling
- Nanotechnology safety
- Functional materials including hybrid materials, microporous materials, functional ceramics, functional oxides, thin films and coatings
- Process and product development
Here you'll find more information about SINTEFs expertice on Nanoscience, Nanotechnology and Nanoapplications