Fluid chemistry comprises the connection between chemical composition of a fluid, and the properties of the fluid and the flow under various conditions. Through use of specific competence in chemistry, thermodynamics, advanced chemical analysis and multivariate statistical analysis, SINTEF works to obtain new knowledge that enables development of methods for prediction of fluid properties and behaviour under different conditions, from reservoir to fate in marine environment.
Within this area of research the expertise and competence of SINTEF lies within:
- Multiphase flow
- State of the art analytical chemistry facilities
- Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Resonance Mass Spectrometry
- NMR Spectroscopy
- Spinning drop tensiometer
- Drop shape analysis system
- EDM/ODM module (Expanding Drop Method/Oscillating Drop Method) for rheological interface experiments
- Multivariate analysis and advanced data mining/programming coupled to a high level of knowledge on oil.