SINTEF has a long history with the use of dynamic modelling and simulation of thermal systems. Further, SINTEF has developed a framework for dynamic optimization of thermal systems with thermal storage.
We work within these areas:
- Modelling of thermal systems for optimal design of the system as a whole.
- Exploitation of local waste heat
- Selection of technology and sizing of individual components, such as thermal energy storage and heat pumps
- Optimal control of systems with thermal energy storage
Typical projects are:
Design energy efficient and competitive system solutions with a holistic approach
- Develop new concepts to solve specific issues
- Analysis, evaluation and comparisons of technological options and concepts
- Experimental testing and development of new technologies for single components
The methods we use:
We have advanced in-house models for i. a.
- Optimal control of complex thermal systems
- Dynamic system simulation
- Detailed component models.
Why choose SINTEF?
SINTEF is a bank of knowledge and experience within multiple fields, with access to dedicated laboratory infrastructure and advanced modelling tools.
Who are we doing this for?
- Energy companies
- Technology venders
- KPN LTTG+
Relevante media articles:
- Byene våre er skjulte kraftverk
- Industrial energy consumption is massive, but thermal storage can boost energy efficiency
- Store muligheter for grønn områdeutvikling i Trondheim