10th "Ultrasound in Neurosurgery" will be arranged 14.-15. June 2018.
The course is intended for the neurosurgeons that would like to gain more knowledge in the practical use of ultrasound in neurosurgery. The course has an emphasis on intraoperative ultrasound in resection of brain tumours.
The course aim to provide an introduction to the intraoperative use of ultrasound in neurosurgery. This includes learning how to interpret ultrasound images of the brain, how to use ultrasound imaging in combination with navigation technology, and learning from clinical examples how intraoperative imaging by ultrasound and MRI is used in neurosurgery.
This years program is under development.
Please visit our web page at a later time.
Topics covered in the course will include:
- Basic ultrasound imaging
- Basic principles of neuronavigation
- Learning to interprete ultrasound image of the brain
- How to obtain ultrasound images (2D and 3D) of good quality in a clinical setting
- Ultrasound guided resection of brain tumours
- Training sessions, including the use of ultrasound simulators
- Clinical experiences in image guided neurosurgery, including lectures from invited speakers
- Live video-conference with the OR during surgery using ultrasound
From Trondheim Airport Vaernes to Trondheim city center:
There are two airport buses from the airport to Trondheim Værnesekspressen and Flybussen. The ticket fees are respectively NOK 140 and NOK 130 .
Fra St. Olav's Hospital to the airport:
Both airport buses pass Elgester gate at the Students community house, which is located 5 minutes walk from the course venue. The buses run every 10 minutes, and travel time is approx. 50 minutes.