On the agenda was a full walkthrough of the project, including the highlights, challenges, deliverables and actions.
Paolo Tacconi and Matthijs Soede attended from the commission. The consortium members present were:
- Jussi Åkerberg, AW Energy (scientific coordinator and WP2 and WP4 lead)
- Ilpo Honkanen, Hydroll (coordinator)
- Pauline Laporte Weywada (WP1 lead)
- Olli Nyrövaara (WP3 lead)
- Risto Tiusanen, VTT (WP5 lead)
- Hans Christian Bolstad, SINTEF Energy Research (WP6 lead)
- Sami Pasanen, AW-Energy
Jussi Åkerberg began by giving an overview of the project, before the project officer made an introduction to the review and commission views on status. Each of the project's WP leaders then presented their work packages and associated tasks, results and deliverables, followed by a Q&A session enabling everyone to ask questions. Finally, the meeting wrapped up with a general discussion and agreed action items.
The project team is now gearing up for the second phase of MegaRoller. Everyone is looking forward to the ongoing work to harness the most energy from the ocean's waves, for a greener future for us all!