Welcome to the Webinar: Unlocking Energy Flexibility for Sustainable Industrial Processes
There is a growing need for flexibility to balance fluctuating renewable energy generation in EU power grids.
The industrial sector, a major energy consumer, holds an almost untapped potential for flexibility provision.
The FLEX4FACT project is coordinated by SINTEF. The project consists of 23 partners from Norway, Spain, Germany, Italy and Ireland.
FLEX4FACT will be presented by Senior Business Developer at SINTEF, Ragnhild Johnsen Eleftheriadis.
In a joint webinar, speakers from the three EU projects will showcase innovative approaches and solutions, including aggregation platforms, digital twins, and optimized energy management systems.
Presentations will feature use cases from various sectors such as manufacturing of diving equipment, automotive, and the glass industry.
14:00 - Introduction
Expert talk on the importance of energy flexibility for the power system. By Hanne Sæle (Statnett, Norway).
14:15 - TRINEFLEX
- Project Presentation by Filipa Lima (AIMEN, Spain).
- Use Case: VERALLIA (Glass packaging company, Italy) by Matteo Marini (Verallia, Italy).
14:40 - FLEXIndustries
- Project Presentation by Bruno Sodiro (RINA consulting, Italy).
- Use Case: FORD Otosan (Automotive industry, Turkey) by Mehmet Alper Sahin (Ford Otosan, Turkey).
15:05 - FLEX4FACT
- Project Presentation by Ragnhild Eleftheriadis (SINTEF, Norway).
- Use Case: SEACSUB SPA (Diving equipment, Italy) by Marco Barbagelata (STAM, Italy).
The speakers with different industrial backgrounds will provide insights into the various challenges faced by these industries and the innovative solutions developed within the projects to address them.
We look forward to welcoming you in our joint webinar, where you will have the opportunity to learn from experts and interact with professionals from industry and academia.
You can register here.