Natural and man-made disasters are events that unfortunately hit society causing thousands of deaths every year. It is important to develop technologies that can allow for safer and cheaper search and rescue (SAR) operations. Robotics technologies can play a fundamental role in this regard. We will present solutions developed for particularly challenging SAR operations, stimulate discussions about requirements, adopted technology, and identify the main challenges to overcome to develop robotics solutions that meet the expectations and are affordable for the SAR teams.
Workshop organizers: Claudio Paliotta and Giancarlo Marafioti, researchers at SINTEF.
- 14:30 Introduction, Claudio Paliotta, SINTEF.
- 14:35 Search and Rescue operations: end user perspective, Tiina Ristmäe, THW, end user and CURSOR Project Coordinator.
- 14:50 Developing mobile robots to assist Search and Rescue teams, Giancarlo Marafioti, SINTEF.
- 15:10 INGENIOUS Project, Claudio Paliotta, SINTEF
15:20-15:40 Open brainstorming session
- 15:45 Summary, Claudio Paliotta and Giancarlo Marafioti, SINTEF
- 15:50 Workshop ends
CURSOR project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 832790 and from the Japan Science and Technology Agency.
INGENIOUS project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research & Innovation Programme and the Korean Government under Grant Agreement No. 833435.