- ASTM G65: Measuring abrasion using the dry sand/rubber wheel apparatus.
- ASTM G73: Liquid impingement erosion test.
- ASTM G77: Sliding wear using block on ring wear test.
- ASTM G99: Wear testing with a pin-on-disk apparatus.
- ASTM G105: Wet sand/rubber wheel abrasion test.
- ASTM D4060: Abrasion resistance of organic coatings by the Taber Abraser.
Standard tests do not always satisfy our clients' needs. The Tribology Lab continuously works on offering new test equipment able to simulate the final application more realistically. Some examples include:
- Corrosion and wear in riser tensioner piston rods in offshore applications.
In situ tribology:
- Analysis of contact area between sapphire and any counterpart by interferometry.