We carry out both standard and client-specific ecotoxicological studies on organisms, as well as studies of the fate, and effects of decomposition, of environmental toxins in biological systems.
Many of these studies generate fundamental data on toxicological and biological uptake/separation, as well as biodegradation, that are used as input to our environmental risk models.
The laboratory utilises the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) in order to meet stringent requirements linked to the quality of documentation and reporting.
We offer the following tests:
- Aerobic and anaerobic biodegradation tests in compliance with international standards.
- Effect studies on key species in marine food chains using specifically-tailored methods.
- Fouling studies in marine environments in compliance with international standards.
- Ecotoxicological acute tests in compliance with international standards
- Marine organisms: Skeletonema pseudocostatum, Rhodomonas baltica, Acartia tonsa, Corophium sp. Calanus finmarchicus
- Freshwater organisms: Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata, Daphnia magna Microtox®
- A 1.4 m3 titanium pressure tank used for effect studies of increased CO2 concentrations in marine systems under pressurised conditions
- Characterisation and effects of components in oil and produced water in the water column.
- Characterisation and effects of components in oil and produced water in natural benthic ecosystems (simulated seabed studies).