We perform a wide range of standard tests for coating and corrosion control:
- ISO 20340 – "Paint and varnishes – Performance requirements for protective paint system for offshore and related structures"
- ISO 15711 - "Paint and varnishes – Determination of resistance to cathodic disbonding of coatings exposed to seawater"
- ISO 9227 – "Corrosion tests in artificial atmospheres – Salt spray tests"
- ISO 7253 - "Paint and varnishes – Determination of resistance to neutral salt spray (fog)"
- ISO 11507 – "Paint and varnishes – Exposure of coatings to artificial weathering – Exposure to fluorescent UV lamps and water"
- ISO 2812-2 – "Paint and varnishes – Determination of resistance to liquid – Part 2: Water immersion method"
- ISO 4623 - "Paint and varnishes – Determination of resistance to filiform corrosion"
- ISO 4624 –"Paint and varnishes – Pull-off test for adhesion"
For demanding or special applications one often finds that no standardized test method is available. In these cases we can develop customized test methods in dialog with the client, based on our knowledge on coating degradation mechanisms.
Examples for special tests developed are:
- High temperature cathodic disbonding
- Coating-ice adhesion
- Coating degradation at low temperature