Employed at SINTEF since 2007, Research Manager since 2011 and Associate Professor II at the University of Oslo, Dept. of Chemistry since 2008. Has studied metallurgy & materials science at the National Technical University of Athens, University of Manchester, and University of Surrey. Has > 25 years research, teaching, and management experience in 3 countries within metal & alloy processing, energy materials, bulk and surface characterisation, and testing. Has >120 publications (h-index 26).
1993-1998: School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering University of Surrey, (Ph.D) Thesis Title: "Bulk and Surface studies of Vapour Deposited Mg-V and Mg-Zr Alloys". Support, SMC, DERA, Farnborough, UK, (Disputation March 1998)
1991-1992: Manchester Materials Science Centre/University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), M.Sc in "Metallic and Ceramic Materials". Project: "Microstructural Features of A354 and C355 Al-Si Turbocharger Castings.
1984-1990: National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)/ School of Mining and Metallurgical Engineering/Department of Metallurgy and Materials Science. Master of Engineering-Specialisation in Physical Metallurgy. Thesis: "The Effect of Deformation on the Corrosion Behaviour of Galvanised killed and Semi-killed Steels".
2013-2014: Leader Development (LUP) Academy, SINTEF
29-31 Jan 2008: Project Management in SINTEF (SINTEF School)
31 May-1 Jun 2007: Welcome to SINTEF- Project work in SINTEF (SINTEF School)
1-5 July 1996: Waste and Recycling Technology, University of Surrey.
13-17 Nov. 1995: Advanced Electron Microscopy & Analysis, University of Surrey.
21-25 Nov. 1995: Light Metals and Alloys, University of Surrey.
4-8 July 1995: Composite Materials Technology, University of Surrey.
18-22 Apr. 1995: Surface Analysis-An Introduction to XPS, Scanning Auger Microscopy & Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry, University of Surrey.
11-15 Apr. 1994: Corrosion & Corrosion Control, University of Surrey.
21-25 Mar. 1994: Electron Microscopy in Materials Science, University of Surrey.
21-25 Feb. 1994: Design and Manufacture, University of Surrey.
May-July 1993: Project Management, Hellenic Productivity Centre, Athens, Hellas.
April-June 1991: Investment Analysis, Hellenic Innovation Centre, Athens, Hellas.
Competence and research areas
Scientific competence with various characterisation techniques such as x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, light microscopy, scanning and transmission electron microscopy with x-ray microanalysis and x-ray diffraction. Research experience within bulk and surface characterisation of materials for sustainable energy technologies, environmental behaviour of materials (material degradation), electronic structure studies with electron spectroscopy, alloy development, physical metallurgy of steels and light metal alloys, thermoelectric materials, thin films, industrial minerals, and additive manufacturing. Research and industrial experience within casting & solidification of ferrous and non-ferrous alloys. 15 years-management experience.
- Probing the structural evolution and its impact on magnetic properties of FeCoNi(AlMn)x high-entropy alloy at the nanoscale
- Partial oxidation of high entropy alloys: A route toward nanostructured ferromagnets
- Formation of nanoporous Si upon self-organized growth of Al and Si nanostructures
- Epitaxial strain-induced growth of CuO at Cu2O/ZnO interfaces
- XPS characterisation of in situ treated lanthanum oxide and hydroxide using tailored charge referencing and peak fitting procedures
- High entropy alloy CrFeNiCoCu sputter deposited films: Structure, electrical properties, and oxidation
- Novel 2D-based anodes for Li-ion all-solid-state batteries
- Thin films made by reactive sputtering of high entropy alloy FeCoNiCuGe: Optical, electrical and structural properties
- Process–Structure–Property Relationship in FeCoNiAlxMnx Complex Concentrated Alloys Processed by Additive Manufacturing
- Identifying Magnetic Phases in Additively Manufactured High-Entropy Alloy FeCoNiAlxMnx
- Galvanic Deposition of Pt Nanoparticles on Black TiO2 Nanotubes for Hydrogen Evolving Cathodes
- Controlling the Electrical Properties of Reactively Sputtered High Entropy Alloy CrFeNiCoCu Films
- Roadmap for additive manufacturing of HAYNES® 282® superalloy by laser beam powder bed fusion (PBF-LB) technology
- A novel approach for enhancing the fatigue lifetime of the components processed by additive manufacturing technologies
- Structural and magnetic performance of soft magnets based on FeCoNiMnAl additively manufactured high entropy alloys