MSc in Biotechnology with specialization in biomass conversion from the Northern (Arctic) Federal University - 2008. PhD in Chemical Engineering from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) - 2011. PhD dissertation title: "Chemical Modification of Microfibrillated Cellulose: Effects on film barrier properties".
Competence and research areas
- Material development (cellulosic materials, metal nanoparticles with selective adsorption ability, phase change materials, hydroponic substrates, multilayer packaging concepts)
- Material processing (enzymatic and chemical biomass conversion, aquaculture sludge, wastewater filtration)
- Thermal energy storage (phase change materials and multiphase systems for latent heat storage)
- Oil and gas (crude oil characterization, emulsion technology, rheology, preparation of synthetic reference fluids, flow assurance)
- Hydroponics (terrestrial and extraterrestrial plant cultivation, nutrient management)