- SINTEF Industry
- Biotechnology and Nanomedicine
Research Manager SINTEF FG of Sustainable Biotechnologies and Bioprospecting. She has experience in the field of biotechnology and a main interest in applying new biotechnology solutions to develop a sustainable bio-based economy. At SINTEF, besides her role as research manager, Francesca is leading and co-managing several research projects combining diverse competencies.
PhD in molecular and cellular biology
Competence and research areas
Development of microbial cell factories for industrial applications.
Synthetic Biology (and integrated omics approaches),
Cell biology of yeast,
- Recent Advances in Enzymatic Conversion of Lignin to Value Added Products
- Constraint-based modeling of yeast mitochondria reveals the dynamics of protein import and iron-sulfur cluster biogenesis
- Lignocellulose-based lipid production by fungal fermentation: A proof of concept on SSF and vibrational spectroscopy
- Lessons from BESTER project: Bioprocesses for the optimized, integrated production of butyl esters from sustainable resources (BESTER)
- Nytt nano-våpen mot resistente bakterier
- Building blocks are synthesized on demand during the yeast cell cycle
- Proteome reallocation from amino acid biosynthesis to ribosomes enables yeast to grow faster in rich media
- Absolute yeast mitochondrial proteome quantification reveals trade-off between biosynthesis and energy generation during diauxic shift