From Drammen by car:
- Exit the E18 at Lysaker to Ring 3 north-east for Sinsen, Gardermoen and Trondheim.
- Pass the Gaustad tollplaza, keep to the far right and follow the sign for Rikshospitalet and Vinderen at the first roundabout.
- Exit the next roundabout to the right to enter Ring 3 again and follow this past the Gaustad toll-plaza.
- After about 100 metres, follow the signs for Vinderen and Forskningssentrene.
- Follow the sign for Vinderen on the left across the Ringveien.
- After about 30 metres on Slemdalsveien, follow the signs for Forskningssentrene.
- This road goes round the SINTEF building. There are parking places at the front of the building just by the Ringveien.
From Oslo city centre by car:
- Follow the signs for Majorstuen and take Slemdalsveien on the east side of the Majorstuen Metro (T-bane) station, past Vinderen and almost to RIng 3.
- At the Gaustad Metro Station, follow the signs for Forskningsssentrene. There are parking places at the front of the building just by the Ringveien.
From Gardermoen by Airport Bus:
- Take the NOR-WAY Express Airport Bus for Bekkestua (platform B28) to Gaustad/Rikshospitalet (about 45 min.).
- Cross the footbridge over Ring 3, which brings you right to SINTEF.
- Express Airport Bus departures are every 15 minutes during rush-hours and in the evening.
From Gardermoen or Trondheim by car:
- Take the E6 to Oslo. Join the right-hand lane after the toll-station at Alnabru (Sign: Gøteborg/Stockholm/Ring 3).
- Keep to the right and follow the signs for Ring 3 to Smestad.
- Stay on Ring 3 past Ullevål Stadion, Sogn and the toll-plaza at Gaustad.
- Take the exit for Vinderen/Forskningssentrene.
- Follow the signs to the left over the Ring Road to Vinderen.
- After about 30 metres on Slemdalsveien, follow the signs to Forskningssentrene.
- The road goes round the SINTEF building.
- There are parking places at the front of the building just by the Ringveien.
From Gardermoen with the Airport Train:
- The Airport Train runs from Gardermoen to Oslo Sentralstasjon.
- Departures for Asker also stop at Nationalteatret.
- Continue from the centre of Oslo with the Metro (T-bane), tram or bus.
- Airport Train Departures are every 10 minutes.
- Timetables can be found on www.flytoget.no
From downtown Oslo by public transport:
- From Jernbanetorget, Stortinget or Nationaltheatret take Metro (T-bane) line 1 Frognerseteren/Holmenkollen to Gaustad.
- Outside the rush hour and in the summer, take the Metro for Østerås, Sognsvann, Kolsås or Storo to Majorstuen.
- Change to the Frognerseteren/Holmenkollen line, getting off at Gaustad.
- Cross Slemdalsveien, and follow the footpath along the Ringveien eastwards for about 100 m, when you will see SINTEF’s main building on your right.
- Take tram line 17 or 18 from the centre of Oslo to Rikshospitalet.
- Turn off to the left when you reach the Rikshospital.
- Cross the footbridge over Ring 3, which brings you straight to SINTEF.
- Timetables can be found at: www.trafikanten.no.
With the east-west bus on RIng 3:
- Take bus no. 23: Lysaker - Simensbråten, or no. 24: Fornebu - Bjørndal (rush-hour route) to the Gaustad bus stop on Ring 3.
- If you are coming from the east, cross the footbridge over Ring 3 to the SINTEF building.
- Timetables can be found on the Internet, at: www.trafikanten.no