The SINTEF Board has today appointed Alexandra Bech Gjørv as its new CEO and President.
Alexandra Bech Gjørv, President and CEO
Alexandra Bech Gjørv is President and CEO of SINTEF, one of Europe's largest independent, applied research institutes, providing technological and social science expertise to promote innovation across a broad span of sectors in society.
Gjørv has a long leadership career in Norsk Hydro and Equinor behind her spanning New Energy Solutions and Automotive, as well as serving as Executive Vice President of HR, HSE and CSR. She chairs the board of the Norwegian energy company Hafslund-Eco and has previously held non-executive board member positions in Technip SA in France, as well as the Norwegian companies Schibsted, Eidsiva (chair) and Norske Skog.
Alexandra is a qualified lawyer and spent five years as a partner at the Law Firm Hjort. She chaired the government appointed 22. July Commission following the terrorist attacks on the Government center in Oslo and the massacre on the island of Utøya in 2011.
ALEXANDRA BECH GJØRV - CV
- 2016 - President and CEO SINTEF
- 2010 - 2015 Partner, Advokatfirmaet Hjort DA
- 2007 - 2010 Senior vice president, New Energy, Statoil ASA
- 2005 - 2007 Senior vice president, New Energy, Norsk Hydro ASA
- 2000 - 2005 Executive vice president HR, EHS and CSR, Norsk Hydro ASA (SVP. since 2000, EVP and member of corporate management board 2002)
- 1998 - 2000 Vice president, Automotive Structures Division, Norsk Hydro
- 1995 - 1998 Company secretary, Norsk Hydro
- 1993 - 1995 Legal counsel, Norsk Hydro USA Inc., New York, USA
- 1992 - 1993 Foreign legal consultant, Edwards & Angell, Boston, USA
- 1991 - 1992 Associate, Advokatfirmaet Schjødt
- 1990 Law degree, University of Oslo
- 1991 Diploma in Legal Studies, Oxford University
- 1993 Legal studies, Suffolk University, Boston, USA
- 1994 New York State Bar Exam