The main outcomes were:
• Increased risk of sick leave in flexible office
concepts (very low evidence quality).
• Increased risk of sick leave in open office
solutions (low evidence quality).
• No basis to conclude regarding risk of disability
retirement in flexible office concepts.
• Increased risk of disability retirement in open
office solutions (low evidence quality).
• There was no basis to conclude in sick leave or
disability retirement risk between open-plan
offices of different sizes.
The small number of studies, their potential limitations in scope and quality, the heterogeneity in the field, and the present evidence quality of the findings, indicate a need for further research investigations into these topics.