Compliant Control of the Body Shape of Snake Robots
This paper presents a general motion planning framework for body shape control of snake robots. We demonstrate the applicability of the framework for straight line path following control, and for implementing body shape compliance in environments with obstacles. Compliance is achieved by assigning mass-spring-damper dynamics to the shape curve defining the motion of the robot. The performance of the control strategies is illustrated with simulation results.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- Research Council of Norway (RCN) / 223254
- Research Council of Norway (RCN) / 205622
- Pål Liljebäck
- Kristin Ytterstad Pettersen
- Øyvind Stavdahl
- Jan Tommy Gravdahl
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- SINTEF Digital / Mathematics and Cybernetics
Curran Associates, Inc.
2014 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2014)
4548 - 4555