The consortium proposes to launch the digital revolution for Naval Industry by developing fundamentals enabling this transformation through:
- The development of a reference ship digital architecture offering a coherent set of resources, services and data solutions supporting the warship’s core operations
- A digital platform specification as the standardized IT infrastructure derived from the reference architecture, considering common base services to be offered to user applications on new generation warship´s development
- A new digital engineering adapting processes, methodologies and tools requested by an ever evolving and highly complex interdependent System of Systems during the 3 years project.
With the advice of seven European Ministries of Defence, EDINAF will work on four Blocks identified as being essential on the path to this digital transformation:
- Identification of digital capabilities due to be provided by the core IT infrastructure for the Digital Warship;
- Definition of the Digital warship core reference architecture, IT infrastructure and Demonstrator;
- Identification of Digital Engineering Models for EDINAF, using Model-Based Systems Engineering;
- Building a transversal developer platform for use cases integration and demonstration.