The municipality's collaboration with SINTEF will include both the municipality as an organization and service provider, and as a key player in business and community development.
The partnership helps to cover:
- The municipality's need for research-based knowledge and competence for innovation and development of the municipality holistically and of the services that the municipality provides to the population and society.
- The municipality's need to contribute with research-based knowledge and competence to strengthen the business community within priority areas.
- The municipality's desire to strengthen the region as an attractive city for business and inhabitants.
- The municipality and the local business community's need to gain access to a competent network for the realization of projects.
- SINTEF's goal for its research activities to be directed towards the needs and be relevant for a holistic and sustainable development of society and business locally and regionally.
- SINTEF's commitment to develop models for how the education, research and development environment will better and more effectively co-create with local business, the municipality and other relevant actors.
- SINTEF's need to further develop its own knowledge of municipal activities.
- Joint initiative and participation in research in research projects, alone or together with other municipalities.
- Joint participation in major projects and initiatives regionally, nationally and internationally, especially EU projects, in that the parties together can strengthen the position to win such projects.