IMPACTS9 will establish sub-groups to support delivery of the R&I activities and progress CCUS.
Each work package is designed to support the work of these sub-groups in delivering the R&I activities.
The consortium is composed of organisations highly representative of these stakeholders and will engage with them for their active contribution in the implementation of the SET Plan.
The overarching objective of IMPACTS9 is to support the implementation working group 9 (IWG9) in ensuring the realisation of the SET Plan Implementation Plan on CCS and CCU.
IMPACTS9 will establish sub-groups to support delivery of the R&I activities and progress CCUS. These sub-groups will focus on:
- Full-scale projects, clusters and infrastructure
SINTEF Energy Research will lead sub-group 2 on Capture, ensuring to:
- Develop a detailed understanding of the instruments available at the national and regional level that can support delivery of the R&I activity
- Identify and make recommendations on the opportunities for enhanced national and regional coordination which could help deliver the R&I activity.
- Identify any gaps that are preventing realisation of the R&I activity and make recommendations on the actions that can enable these gaps to be closed.
- Identify potential synergies with other IWG9 sub-groups and provide recommendations to the IWG9 on how these might be realised.
- Make recommendations to the IWG9 on activities, e.g. studies, dissemination, communication or collaboration activities that could be supported by the project to help progress the R&I activity.
SINTEF Energy Research will as well lead the effort to create the framework for deployment of CCUS by achieve better alignment of Member State and European funding and by that maximising the impact of this funding - for both low-and high-TRL work
The consortium is composed of organisations highly representative of the key European CCUS stakeholders and will engage with them for their active contribution in the implementation of the SET Plan.
- The Carbon Capture and Storage Association (CCSA)
- United Kingdom Research and Innovation (UKRI)
- CO2 Value Europe
- SINTEF Energy Research
The project is financed by EU Horizon2020