The ultimate goal is that materials modelling and simulation will become an integral part of product life cycle management in European industry, thereby making a strong contribution to enhance innovation and competitiveness on a global level. Based on intensive efforts in the past two years within the European Materials Modelling Council (EMMC) which included numerous consultation and networking actions with representatives of all stakeholders including Modellers, Software Owners, Translators and Manufacturers in Europe, the EMMC identified and proposed a set of underpinning and enabling actions to increase the industrial exploitation of materials modelling in Europe
EMMC-CSA will pursue the following overarching objectives in order to establish and strengthen the underpinning foundations of materials modelling in Europe and bridge the gap between academic innovation and industrial application:
- Enhance the interaction and collaboration between all stakeholders engaged in different types of materials modelling, including modellers, software owners, translators and manufacturers.
- Facilitate integrated materials modelling in Europe building on strong and coherent foundations.
- Coordinate and support actors and mechanisms that enable rapid transfer of materials modelling from academic innovation to the end users and potential beneficiaries in industry.
- Achieve greater awareness and uptake of materials modelling in industry, in particular SMEs.
- Elaborate Roadmaps that (i) identify major obstacles to widening the use of materials modelling in European industry and (ii) elaborate strategies to overcome them.
This EMMC-CSA stems directly out of the actions of the EMMC and will continue and build upon its existing activities.
SINTEFS role in this project is twofold:
- to create the foundations to enable semantic and syntactic interoperability between different softwares and databases used by materials modelling.
- to develop case studies showing exemplary the benefits of modelling in solving industrial challenges.
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET WIEN, Austria (Coordinator)
- FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V., Germany
- GOLDBECK CONSULTING LIMITED, United Kingdom
- POLITECNICO DI TORINO, Italy
- UPPSALA UNIVERSITET, Sweden
- DOW BENELUX BV, Netherlands
- ECOLE POLYTECHNIQUE FEDERALE DE LAUSANNE, Switzerland
- STICHTING DUTCH POLYMER INSTITUTE, Netherlands
- STIFTELSEN SINTEF, Norway
- ACCESS e.V., Germany
- HELMHOLTZ-ZENTRUM GEESTHACHT ZENTRUM FUR MATERIAL- UND KUSTENFORSCHUNG GMBH, Germany
- MATERIALS DESIGN SARL, France
- QUANTUMWISE A/S, Denmark
- GRANTA DESIGN LTD, United Kingdom
- UNIVERSITY OF YORK, United Kingdom
- SINTEF AS, Norway
- ALMA MATER STUDIORUM - UNIVERSITA DI BOLOGNA, Italy
The EMMC-CSA project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement No 723867
For more info, see https://emmc.info/