- Oddbjørn Gjerde
- WP2 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
Operational functions and applications for the next generation distribution control centres
Challenge and objective
- Due to the vast number of communications interfaced network devices, distributed generation units, load, and storage systems, monitoring and operation of the future distribution network will be a daunting task.
- Both the landscape of operational applications and functions in the control center will change following the new challenges and opportunities in the distribution system.
- A summary of functions and applications in today’s control centers with their extent of use.
- Identify new functions and applications needed in the future control centers.
- Brief discussion on architectures of the future power distribution control centers.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- This project memo documents the state-of-the-art of the most important advance network operation functions today and their role in the future control center of the Norwegian distribution network.
Reference in CINELDI
- M.Z. Degefa: "Operational functions and applications for the next generation distribution control centres", Project memo, 2023.