- Magnus Korpås
- WP3 Lead
Steps towards aggregation, management and leveraging of flexibility
Challenge and objective
- Increased need for flexibility in the power system.
- Proper business models need to be developed.
- Flexible resources need to be identified.
- 6 business models described for flexibility markets in distribution grid and the role of flexibility market operator.
- Discusses important issues regarding end-user flexibility and the role of aggregators.
- Discusses use of flexibility and possible innovative solutions related to industrial/commercial sites.
- Exposes a specific business and investment case, focusing simultaneously on flexibility, smart charging and batteries in a Nordic context, and providing detailed modelling procedures to ensure efficient load management and profitability.
- The business cases proposed have shown multiple applications for flexibility utilization, bringing opportunities for various stakeholders, also the DSOs and TSOs.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Business ecosystem for trading flexibility in the distribution grid (Based on FLEXGRID project).
References in CINELDI
- I. Ilieva et.al.: "Steps towards aggregation, management and leveraging of flexibility", CINELDI-memo, 2022.