- Magnus Korpås
- WP3 Lead
Baseline estimation methods – a literature review
Challenge and objective
- Find the existing methods for baseline load estimation for activated flexibility calculation.
- 8 Different baseline estimation methods namely:
- Window before
- Window before and after
- Historical or Averaging (also called X of Y)
- Calculated : Interpolation, Regression
- Machine learning
- Control group
- Combinations/other are identified
- The 4 necessary characteristics to qualify baseline estimation method are identified:
- Transparency and simplicity
- Inclusive use of available flexibility
- Immune to manipulation
- Compatibility with continuous control
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Quantification and evaluation of flexibility for DSO services.
Reference in CINELDI
- V. Lakshmanan: "Baseline estimation methods – a literature review", CINELDI-memo, 2022.