- Oddbjørn Gjerde
- WP1 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
Simulation tool for reliability evaluation of modern distribution systems
Challenge and objective
- With the increasing penetration of renewable energy resources, flexible resources, and ICT components in the distribution system, system behaviour will change. Reliability calculations must be modified to include the new components and to consider the distribution system as an active network.
- The tool aims to calculate the reliability in an active and smart distribution system including ICT components, distributed generation, and flexible resources
- Developed a tool package in Python for calculating reliability in an active distribution system including flexible resources and distributed generation.
- A reliability assessment tool for modern distribution systems.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- A foundation for the reliability assessment of modern distribution systems. It can support the reliability analysis of a cyber-physical distribution system with active components.
Reference in CINELDI
- S.F. Myhre, O.B. Fosso, P.E. Heegaard, O. Gjerde: "A Reliability Assessment Tool for Smart and Active Distribution Systems – RELSAD", paper PSCC, 2022.