- Merkebu Zenebe Degefa
- WP2 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
Scenarios for collaborative preparedness exercises
Challenge and objective
- Many smaller DSOs rely heavily on their IT/OT vendors to handle cyber incidents.
- Investigation into which factors may contribute to making it easier to include vendors in preparedness exercises.
- Interviews with stakeholders.
- Design of incident response exercises.
- Trial run of exercise with one DSO and two vendors.
- Specific guidance on how to include vendors in exercises.
- 7 reusable attack scenarios for exercise.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- DSOs can include vendors in preparedness exercises in a meaningful way.
Reference in CINELDI
- M. Langås, S. Løfqvist, B. Katt, T. Haugan, M.G. Jaatun: "With a Little Help from Your Friends: Collaboration with Vendors During Smart Grid Incident Response Exercises", 2021 European Interdisciplinary Cybersecurity Conference, Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 46–53.