- Oddbjørn Gjerde
- WP2 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
New smart grid stencils for the Microsoft Threat Modelling Tool
Challenge and objective
- Threat modelling is time consuming and greatly dependent on the participants.
- Create a tool to ease and improve this activity.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Enabling more efficient threat modelling process contributing to a more secure distribution grid.
- Created a Smart Grid Template for MS Threat Modelling Tool made up of stencils and threats.
- Created a model of the TSO-DSO reactive power use case, but did not perform the threat modelling.
Reference in CINELDI
- L.H. Flå, R. Borgaonkar, I.A. Tøndel, M.G. Jaatun: "Tool-assisted Threat Modeling for Smart Grid Cyber Security", 2021 International Conference on Cyber Situational Awareness, Data Analytics and Assessment (CyberSA), IEEE.