- Oddbjørn Gjerde
- WP1 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
Mapping of barriers and potential for flexibility
Challenge and objective
- Increased consumption due to electrification of transport and new loads.
- Limited grid capacity.
- Flexibility can be used to improve the utilization of existing grid and as an alternative to grid investments.
- A more proactive grid operation is necessary, where flexibility is included.
- 7 Norwegian DSOs have been interviewed.
- Data from the interviews are analysed and described in a common report from Energi Norge and CINELDI.
- Potentials and barriers are grouped into four C's.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Increased utilization of flexibility in both planning and operation of the distribution grid.
Reference in CINELDI
- K.W. Høiem, V. Mathiesen, I.B. Sperstad, H. Sæle: "Mulighetsstudie. Bruk av fleksibilitet i nettselskap", Rapport, Energi Norge/CINELDI, 2021.