- Magnus Korpås
- WP3 Lead
Flexibility market for solving grid problems
Challenge and objective
- Problems with under voltages in peak load periods.
- The market platform will be used to buy flexibility in these periods to reduce the load, contributing to improved voltage quality.
- Established a flexibility market in an area connected to the power system via a long power line.
- The geographic area of the pilot identified (red lines surround the area where there is a need to reduce the load, and the blue dots indicate the location of identified flexibility resources).
- Agreements related to bidding flexibility into the markets with industry and municipal buildings.
- Flexibility activated in a municipal building, where blue curve represents the actual power consump-tion for the municipal building, while the orange curve the estimated one (baseline). Linja purchased flexibility between 10:00-11:00.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Knowledge about how market-based solutions can be used to solve grid problems.
- Maren Istad
- Pilot Project Coordination
- SINTEF Energi AS
Reference in CINELDI
- SINTEF blogg "Tester handel med fleksibilitet", 15. oktober 2020.