- Gerd Kjølle
- WP6 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
Checklist for evaluation of results from research and pilot projects
Challenge and objective
- Long term knowledge building research is mostly conducted on lower TRL while pilot projects typically raise the results a bit higher on the TRL scale. However, to develop research into innovation requires efforts in various directions to implement and start using the results. Examples: establish and make available relevant data and tools, change work processes, competence building, implementing new technologies, regulatory change, etc.
- A check list is developed to assist in evaluating research results and pilot projects results to identify needs for and barriers towards start implementing results and make innovations.
- The checklist consists of four parts:
- About the result, target groups, benefits, contributions to sustainability, etc.,
- What is needed to have in place to start using the result ,
- Barriers and barrier-reducing measures,
- Further research and spin-off possibilities.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- The checklist facilitates the process of implementing results, such as reducing barriers, acceptance of changing work processes, culture, achieve leadership support.
Reference in CINELDI
- The checklist is implemented in an Excel sheet and made available on the CINELDI web (Norwegian and English version).