- Oddbjørn Gjerde
- WP2 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
A Robust Circuit and Controller Parameters’ Identification Method of Grid-Connected Voltage-Source Converters Using Vector Fitting Algorithm
Challenge and objective
- In system modelling and analysis internal parameters may be missing due to intellectual property rights or parameters variation caused by operating condition change, temperature fluctuation, and aging.
- This will badly affect the accuracy unless these parameters are identified.
- A vector fitting (VF) algorithm for robust parameter identification is developed to identify circuit and controller parameters of the grid-connected Voltage Source Converters based on the measured impedance frequency responses.
- The proposed method is able to identify the circuit and controller parameters when detailed parameters are missing The effectiveness of the proposed circuit and controller parameters’ identification method is validated by theoretical demonstration, OPAL-RT-based real-time simulation, and experimental validation.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- The accuracy of modelling and simulation will be improved since uncertain or unknown parameters have less impact on the results.
Reference in CINELDI
- W. Zhou, R. Torres-Olguin, F. Göthner, J. Beerten, M. K. Zadeh, Y. Wang, Z. Chen: "A Robust Circuit and Controller Parameters Identication Method of Grid-Connected Voltage Source Converters Using Vector Fitting Algorithm", in IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, 2021.