- Susanne Sandell
- WP1 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
Visualization as decision support for maintenance and reinvestments
Challenge and objective
- Data from inspections and condition monitoring constitute large amounts of data.
- Decisions based on technical condition must include risk and profitability analyses.
- Investigated the need for dashboards for visualizing the data base for maintenance and reinvestment decisions.
- Described three cases that illustrate the importance of visualization.
- A survey where 7 DSOs gave feedback on sketches of an imaginary dashboard and results from the case studies.
- Information on relevant tools for visualization.
- Examples of dashboard elements based on Power BI.
- Visualization of results from a profitability analysis of reinvestment alternatives carried out in REPLAN.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Visualization adapted to decision-making needs is necessary to be able to utilize the large amount of data that describes the need for maintenance and reinvestment in distribution grids.
Reference in CINELDI
- Torbjørn Slinde: "Prosesstøtte og visualisering i neste generasjons asset management", Master thesis, NTNU Dept. of Electric Energy, 2019.