- Oddbjørn Gjerde
- WP1 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
Industrial Evaluation of an Approach to Identification and Modelling of Cybersecurity Risks
Challenge and objective
- Smart grids are characterized by high complexity, uncertainty, dynamics, and interdisciplinarity.
- Digital transformation of the power grids has significantly changed the risk picture.
- The state-of-the-art on cybersecurity risk management is therefore challenged.
- Developed a qualitative approach to risk modelling, which accommodates interdisciplinarity and uncertainty.
- A full-scale performance evaluation of an approach to identification and modelling of cybersecurity risks in the context of digital secondary substations.
- Improved understanding of the effects of power grid digitalization on cybersecurity, as well as impacts of cybersecurity on reliability of supply.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Decision support for management of reliability of power supply affected by cybersecurity.
Reference in CINELDI
- A. Omerovic et.al.: "An Industrial Trial of an Approach to Identification and Modelling of Cybersecurity Risks in the Context of Digital Secondary Substations", Risks and Security of Internet and Systems: CRiSIS 2019 – Proceedings.