- Hanne Sæle
- WP3 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
Coordination schemes and market architecture
Challenge and objective
- The growing need for ancillary services requires implementation of coordinated market schemes allowing procurement of flexible resources from the distribution grid for ancillary services in both distribution and transmission networks.
- In cooperation with H2020-project SmartNet (2016-2019) a set of alternatives for the future TSO-DSO coordination schemes has been developed and comparatively evaluated
- Five coordination schemes for TSO-DSO interaction, necessary for procurement and activation of ancillary services. Relevant for the operation of transmission and distribution grids, market architectures and input to regulations.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Creates a starting point for development of technologies, defines the required TSO-DSO data exchanges, outlines new business models for aggregation and trading of flexibilities.
Reference in CINELDI
- A.Z. Morch, H. Sæle, D. Siface, G. Migliavacca, H. Gerard, I. Kockar: "Market architecture for TSO-DSO interaction in the context of European regulation", EEM2019 Conference.