- Susanne Sandell
- WP1 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
Active distribution grid planning
Challenge and objective
- More variability and new uncertainties due to e.g. variable distributed generation and electrification of transport, together with new active grid operation technologies, call for new planning methodologies.
- Synthesis of previously performed review of needs and gaps and workshop with project partners.
- Adaptation and extension of traditional grid planning framework in the Norwegian handbook on power system planning (Planboka) and active distribution grid planning framework by CIGRE WG C6.19.
- A framework explicitly accounting for active grid planning measures, structured in seven steps.
- Overview and examples of relevant methodology that can be incorporated at different grid levels (MV, LV) for each of the steps.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Allows for active grid measures and related technologies to be considered more consistently in distribution system development.
Reference in CINELDI
- I.B. Sperstad, E. Solvang, O. Gjerde: "Framework and methodology for active distribution grid planning in Norway", PMAPS 2020.